Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Competitive salary + Laptop + Mobile Phone
- Based in Perth, Tasmania
As a Technical Assistant, you will providing daily support to the site technical supervisors in monitoring and taking observational data on plant health, nutrition, and quality. You will have an active role in ensuring our nursery plant material is of the highest standard and quality as we supply to a national network of independent berry growers.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will involve:
- Collecting observational data on plant growth and health
- Submitting documented observations and scouting reports utilising accurate and up to date data
- Conducting visual health checks on all plants and providing reports
- Monitoring plants in accordance with set practices
- Identifying and communicating improvements of identified gaps in our Clean Stock protocols
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
If your passionate about plants and enjoy working outdoors, then this role might be for you and we would encourage you to apply. To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following in your application:
- Recently completed or in the process of completing tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science or related
- Attention to detail and accurate data collection
- Intermediate Excel and computer skills are essential.
- Unrestricted working rights
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply.
We have recently introduced our Employee Reward & Recognition Program. Employees have access to many benefits, discounts, perks and more! At Driscoll’s, employee engagement and recognition is something we believe is key to maintaining a good company culture and happy workplace!