Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
TC Lab Manager
- Joining a global leading brand
- New modern facility
- Grow your own team
- Access to ongoing technical development and mentoring
- Competitive salary + relocation for interstate or
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced tissue culture lab manager to join our growing new operations based in Pakenham. Our newly commissioned site will be producing up to 2 million plants and expanding from 2ha to 12ha over 2 years growing both substrate foundation and commercial material. This role will be overseeing the sites TC production practices ensuring strict clean stock and propagation protocols are followed, and plant material is produced on-time and to specifications. Some of your key duties will include:
- Nursery De-Flasking: Managing third party relationships, providing support, guidance and dissemination of guidelines to improve production standardisation.
- Laboratory Practices: Managing and overseeing laboratory operations ensuring strict hygiene and clean protocols are being implemented and followed.
- Media: Manage media growing recipes and ensure they are kept up to date and in line with best-practice.
- Training & Supervision: Providing general supervision, management and training of laboratory staff.
- Procurement: Monitoring and managing lab goods, materials and services requirements, and ensuring all procurement needs are managed adequately including maintenance of inventory, ordering, documentation and supplier liaison.
- Continuous Improvement: Reviewing and evaluating TC plant quality production standards and identify improvement opportunities through new methods, technologies and systems.
- Production Reporting: Providing production progress reports including short, medium and long-range reports.
- Operational planning: Assisting site management in the operational planning, budgeting (including labour planning) and reporting of laboratory operations.
- Safety: Promoting
high standards of safety ensuring compliance with all laboratory and company
safety policies, programs and guidelines.
If you're looking to join a market leader in its field, with an opportunity to grow your own team around you than look no further.
To be considered, applicants demonstrate as a minimum the following in their application:
- Previous tissue culture laboratory exp. preferably in a supervision or management capacity
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Agriculture or related field preferred
- Sound written and verbal skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and inventory software
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Why work for Driscoll's?
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries and Costa – Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply and be part of our team. What’s on offer is a thriving and engaging workplace culture, as well as access to a range of benefits including reward and recognition programs, discounts, perks and greater workplace flexibility + paid maternity and partner pay. So don’t delay and apply now!