Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Key touch point for all business packaging requirements
- Be part of a cross-functional team environment
- Newly created role based in modern new HQ in Docklands from Sep 23
We have an exciting newly created role for an experienced Packaging Specialist to join our team based in our HQ. Reporting directly to the National Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing packaging solutions for our fresh produce products. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure that packaging solutions meet product requirements, quality standards, and regulatory compliance. Your key duties will include:
- Developing the businesses packaging strategies and develop sustainable packaging solutions aligning with the business’ sustainability initiatives
- Providing oversight, review and coordination of the company’s packaging supply chain working closely with key stakeholders including growers, regional teams, suppliers and DC’s
- Conducting testing and validation of packaging materials to ensure they meet product and quality requirements
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including product development, manufacturing, logistics, and quality assurance, to ensure packaging solutions meet business goals and objectives
- Efficient coordination of packaging supply chain activities including order management, inventory and stock control
- Identifying efficiency improvement initiatives through packaging innovation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate capabilities in the following:
- Tertiary Qualifications and previous experience in packaging design, solutions engineering and sustainability is essential
- Previous experience with project management, including timeline management, budgeting, and vendor management
- Experience in Heat Sealing not essential but highly regarded
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid Australian working rights
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply.
We have recently introduced our Employee Reward & Recognition Program. Employees have access to many benefits, discounts, perks and more! At Driscoll’s, employee engagement and recognition is something we believe is key to maintaining a good company culture and happy workplace!