Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
National Supply Chain Manager
- Lead the distribution and supply chain function nationally
- Strategic role with continuous improvement & project focus
- Grow your own team
Reporting to Head of Planning and Operations, this role will be responsible for providing strategic direction, oversight and management of our national fruit and plant supply chain systems including DC’s. With a strong continuous improvement mindset, you will evaluate current supply chain, logistical and inventory operating and warehouse management systems and implement technological solutions to enhance performance across the full supply chain extending to intra-nurseries, growers and DC’s. You will have overall leadership and oversight responsibility of related teams and operating budgets. This is a high-impact role working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to identify, develop and implement supply chain improvements. Some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Developing 5-year strategic supply chain and distribution plans including capacity planning and logistics network optimisation
- Management and oversight of the end-to-end supply chain experience introducing new technologies where applicable
- Project management of supply chain improvement initiatives (e.g. new WMS) and associated Change Management Programs
- Management of fruit packaging operating systems to ensure ongoing secured supplies are maintained
- Developing robust supply chain protocols, standard operating procedures and principles, performance metric systems, as well as operating documentation and training of relevant teams
- Oversight of national dispatch scheduling and transport/logistical supplier management (inc. pricing and contracts management)
- Management of DC’s including labour planning and scheduling as well as inventory control systems
- Providing sound leadership, coaching and mentoring of supply chain and DC teams and building high performance teams
- Developing high standards of safety culture across the supply chain network (inc. internal DC’s) and compliance with related codes of practice including the National Heavy Vehicle CoR
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate capabilities in the following:
- Significant experience in supply chain management, preferably cold chain, with leadership responsibility of multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience in successfully implementing warehouse management operating systems through sound project management skills
- Process mindset with ability to analyse and evaluate supply chain designs
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to travel interstate on a regular basis
- Exposure to cold chain storage desirable but not required
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply.