Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Leading global brand with operations across Australia, Europe, Middle East, North & South America
- Provide in-field agronomic support to our regional grower base
- Access to global best-practice L&D program
- Fully maintained vehicle, competitive salary and annual incentive program
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced agronomist to join our regional Tasmanian team servicing our local grower base across all agronomic processes. Reporting to the Regional Manager, this is a dynamic and high-impact role with plenty of variety. Some of our key duties will extend to:
- Conducting regular farm visits and disseminating advice to your designated grower base on best-practice production techniques and methods extending to nutrition, pest & disease and plant health and productivity.
- Optimising irrigation and nutrition programs to improve plant health and quality
- Ensuring pest & disease management systems are optimised and executed effectively
- Supporting regional teams in forecasting and budgeting activities
- Disseminating Food Quality standards, guidelines and protocols and assisting in development of site documentation and protocols
- Formulating regular technical observational and operational reports for management review
- Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives across customer requirements, legal and other compliance initiative
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered you will need to be able to demonstrate the following in your application:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agronomy or Plant Science
- Previous experience working in agricultural farming preferably soft fruit production
- Proficiency in the use of Excel – basic level
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work under limited supervision
- Unrestricted drivers licence and full Australian
In return you will be joining a highly successful and rapidly growing business in a challenging yet rewarding role and an opportunity for you to make a real impact. At your resource, will have access to both strong operational and technical teams (both locally and globally) to provide you with ongoing support to achieve your key deliverables. At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people so we take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. You will have access to annual global training programs extending to substrate production systems, pest & disease, nutrition and more! If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply.