Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Applied Research Manager
- Join a global leading berry brand
- Senior role with a national focus
- Functional oversight of genetic deployment and applied research
- Competitive $$$ + incentive scheme
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced horticultural manager to join our senior management team in a national role responsible for guiding and executing our local applied research and genetic deployment strategies. This is an integral role within our business that works towards identifying production efficiencies and opportunities to enhance both nursery and grower production performance (yield/quality and cost) as well as developing initiatives to close gaps within our fruit and plant supply plans. Some of your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with both JV partners, managing the varietal pipeline, and identifying suitable varieties for deployment to the Australian and New Zealand regions.
- Formulating long term strategic applied research plans aligning to our 5-year strategic supply plan.
- Developing and executing applied research projects, on time and on budget, across all 4 berry categories targeting production performance improvements across yield, quality, timing, and productivity.
- Dissemination of global applied research protocols and guidelines and standardisation of local trial practices and reporting.
- Providing sound leadership and guidance to technical and operational teams, including overall management and oversight of our test plots.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered you will need to be able to demonstrate the following in your expression of interest.
- Significant horticultural production and/or research experience preferably within the soft fruit sector or other horticultural industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Proficiency in using research or statistical analysis software
- Strategic and forward-planning mindset – ability to think broadly and set/develop strategic long-term plans
- Leadership capacity to provide guidance, coaching and management of teams
- Ability to travel frequently both locally and internationally
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.