Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Junior/entry level opportunity
- Leading global berry brand
- Exposure to leading advanced plant production systems
We have an exciting newly created role for a Junior Agronomist, supporting the regional agronomy team and our network of growers. You will be supporting the local team across data collection and field assessments with regular in field observational reports. You’ll have exposure to crop strategy, forecasting, performance metric and reporting as well as disseminating global best practice agronomic advice to growers. With a global leading R&D creating advanced genetics in berry varieties, you will have the opportunity to learn through our internal technical training programs the latest in plant production methods and techniques. This job in a nutshell, will entail:
- Regular on-farm visits to growers in the region
- Assisting the team in the monitoring and reporting of fruit production
- Networking and liaising with both local and global technical teams and partners
- Assisting the regional Agronomy team in updating and implementing Global and Regional best-practices
- Assisting with key projects to ensure regional operations are supported
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate capabilities in the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture or Horticulture is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally when required
- Full Australian working rights and unrestricted drivers licence
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply.
We have recently introduced our Employee Reward & Recognition Program. Employees have access to many benefits, discounts, perks and more! At Driscoll’s, employee engagement and recognition is something we believe is key to maintaining a good company culture and happy workplace!