Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Site lead on all irrigation matters
- Be part of a global leading brand
- $90,000 + super + performance incentives
- Relocation assistance up to $10,000 (for interstate applicants)
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time irrigation specialist to join our growing team based in Perth, Tasmania. With over two large sites, we have been growing year on year and seeking an irrigation all-rounder with hands-on experience and technical aptitude to provide day-to-day support to our operational teams. You will be responsible for making sure all our irrigation plans are developed in accordance with production plans, and ensuring all plants are adequately irrigated and fertigated as per plans. Your day-to-day key duties will include:
- Preparing irrigation plans in consultation with operational teams
- Providing guidance and advice to operational teams on irrigation matters as the site lead
- Identifying improvement opportunities to enhance water and cost efficiency
- Conducting trouble-shooting on all irrigation equipment and liaising with third party vendors and contractors to maintain and manage irrigation equipment
- Preparation and maintenance of irrigation pipes, sprinklers, drip tape and programming controller
- Monitoring of crops to ensure accurate timely irrigation schedules
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate capabilities in the following:
- Certificate 3 in Irrigation or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Previous exp. in farming processes including plant nutrition and water management
- Solid technical aptitude in irrigation systems
- Ability to apply effective supervision of skills of junior personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Full Australian working rights
- Drivers licence
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply.
We have recently introduced our Employee Reward & Recognition Program. Employees have access to many benefits, discounts, perks and more! At Driscoll’s, employee engagement and recognition is something we believe is key to maintaining a good company culture and happy workplace!
At Driscoll’s, the safety of our employees is our number one priority. We may assess your suitability for the position and the physical work environment for which you are being considered through pre-employment medical testing. This ensures you are not at increased risk of injury to yourself or other employees in this position.