Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Be part of a global leading brand
- Fully maintained tool of trade vehicle + fuel card + mobile + laptop
- Competitive salary + incentives
- Access to ongoing technical training and mentoring
- Based in Coffs Harbour, NSW *up to $10K relocation support
Want to be part of a global leading brand and work with passionate professionals and excel in your field? Look no further...
We have an exciting new role for an experienced agronomist to join our small and friendly team in Coffs. In this dynamic and rewarding role, you will be working closely with our regional berry growers providing in-field technical support ensuring best practice agronomic principles are implemented to achieve optimum high quality plant yield and growth. You will be supported by a team of experienced technical leads as well as joining a business passionate about developing its people force.
Some aspects of your job will include:
- Conducting regular farm visits and disseminating advice to your designated grower base on best-practice production techniques and methods extending to nutrition, pest & disease and plant health and productivity.
- Optimising irrigation and nutrition programs to improve plant health and quality
- Ensuring pest & disease management systems are optimised and executed effectively
- Supporting regional teams in forecasting and budgeting activities
- Disseminating Food Quality standards, guidelines and protocols and assisting in development of site documentation and protocols
- Formulating regular technical observational and operational reports for management review
- Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives across customer requirements, legal and other compliance initiative
- Completion of Undergraduate Degree in Agricultural/Plant Science preferred
- Previous exp. in a similar role within the soft fruit sector or equivalent preferred but not required
- Strong proficiency in the use of Excel for reporting and analysis
- Strong professional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate stakeholders
- Hold a valid driver's licence
- Ability to travel interstate from time to time as required
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Costa Group - Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce and Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
At Driscoll's, we are passionate about berries and our people. We take the time to nurture and invest in our people capabilities to help them grow and prosper. If this role is suitable for you, we would encourage you to apply.